Saturday, September 27, 2008

I had no idea..

So I got my surgery packet yesterday in the mail from my OS. In it it talks about how I will be on a no chew diet for 6 weeks and banded shut for that time also. This surgery is the SARPE and I had been under the impression that this surgery had an easier recovery then my second surgery (upper,Lower).
So I called my OS's office to ask them about this.. figuring that the surgery packet was geared more for upper, lower, ect.. surgery.... Seems I was wrong. I was informed that I would be on a no chew diet for the entire 6 weeks and banded shut for much of that time. FUN!

So I am suppse to be trying out liquid meal supplements to find some that I like now... Any suggestions on what ones taste best? Which ones to avoid, and what if any are more affordable?
TIA!

4 comments:

Mollieb said...

I like to buy smoothies and water them down with Very Vanilla Soy Milk from silk. Really thin mashed potatoes are great too. I am currently rubberbanded shut, but I take them off to eat. I also enjoy tomato soup, carnation instant breakfast, and cup a soup. I am a big fan of eating things that are supposed to be in a liquid form. I have pureed a couple of things, but I can't get past the strange consistency.

Unknown said...

I am guessing I will be living off soup and smoothies. I just cannot picture pureeing a normal dinner and drinking it. I am trying out new soups and freezing ones I like. I made a great curry pumpkin soup last week, just hoping it reheats well..LOL

Unknown said...

I went to KFC and got those "bowl" meals and put them in the blender with 1 can (you might need 2) of chicken broth (heated up, of course). Then I used the Zip N Squeeze bags to get it down. They actually had great flavor and kind of made the experience enjoyable :) As much as it could, I guess. LOL Jeremy

Unknown said...

Hmm would have never thought of the KFC bowls.. not a bad idea.