Thursday, September 18, 2008

December 10th!

So it seems we have a tentitive Surgery date for December 10th.. providing everything goes well at the periodontist. Please pray that everything goes well at the periodontist I cannot afford any treatment and would hate if thing got put on hold for lack of money now. SO if everything goes smoothly I will be having my RPE installed on november 14th and surgery on December 10th with the possibility of the braces being put on right before surgery but the ortho wasn't sure if she was going to do the braces before or after surgery.
So my question is... why do I need to have the RPE installed one month before surgery? It is just going to be sitting there doing nothing but getting in my way and making me talk funny?

2 comments:

Mollieb said...

My situation is a little different, but my doc wanted my surgical lugs on two weeks before the surgery so that things were settled when he took molds for the splint. If you are getting a splint, this could be why.

Unknown said...

I asked the ortho why the rpe was going in so earlier and she said that they just want to be prepared in case it did not fit or adjustments needed or be made or whatever... She did not want to be rushing around trying to get everything ready days before surgery. LOL I still think a month is at least a couple weeks sooner than necessary.