Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sunday will began expansion!

Had my post op appt this morning with the oral surgoeon. He said everything looks good and to see my ortho for the key to the expander and have her show me how to turn it. I will start turning sunday(12/21) two full turns a day till Friday (12/26) when I will go back to the ortho and see if I am done turning.
I asked my OS about food and he said I am on soup and smoothies for most of six weeks for stability, for some reason I thought I may be allowed soft foods this week or next at the latest. I had even tries some sprial mac and cheese last night. (oops), well it was tiring and sore after just a tiny bowl so I guess there is a reason for the soup and smoothies. Christmas diner is gonna suck tho....LOL.
I am back to work tommarow so we shall see how that goes, except for the mass tension in my face I am feeling alright so I think It will be ok, we shall see how it feels when I start cranking the expander.
I am so afraid that I am gonna start turning it and my teeth are goiong to fall out. It is bad enough that since my surgery my top fron teeth are all loose, I can only imagine that when you start pulling on them they are gonna want to fall out. I have always been a tooth grinder at night so dreams or should I say nightmares of all my teeth falling out have been commmon, now it feels like I am tempting fate, and my ortho does little to relay my fears only saying that it can happen...NICE! thank you!
I was also suprised at how many freaking stitches I have. I am stitched from back right molar to back left molar under my gums, sompletly across. then a few stitches along the center of the palate, some on my left cheeck, then bruised along the right side of the back of my throat, and I can tell he did something thru my nose also. A lot more cutting then I thought they were gonna do.
Well that is all I have for now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. It's going to be a long, hard road, but you are strong and I know you will get through it. I just can't wait to hear the exact date that you can eat real food. I really am planning on taking the day off work and taking you on a day long eating spree! I'll try to work on soup this weekend for ya!