Thursday, July 10, 2008

I thought I would add what my Dx from Dr. Mauro was:

The assesment on April 3, 2008 was (1) mandibular retrognathia, (2) maxillary posterior hyperplasia, (3) apertognathia, (4) cranial base to mandible dicrepancy, (5) lip incompetence, (6) dental deterioration due to aberrant maxillomandibular relationship. hmmm and my parents thought I just needed braces..LOL

The treatment plan at this time :

(1) Restoration of all carious teeth, (2) comprehensive orthodonic therapy to level and align the dentition relative to alveolar and basal bone compromises and compensations, (3) orthognathic surgery to stable condylar position criteria which would require Le Fort osteotomy, a maxillary postierior intrusion transpalatal expansion and mandibular sagitattal split osteotomy and mandibular advancement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Diane, just found your blog. Good luck with what's ahead. A lot of pain and work and anxiety, but it's well worth it I reckon. And you're not alone!

PS I just love the 'lip incompetence' diagnosis, it made me laugh... but then again i am easily amused.

mylene

Unknown said...

LOL I am not as amused my the lip incompetence Dx.. that is one of the biggest things I hope is resolved when I am done with all of this. I hate having to work at keeping my mouth closed... I am pretty sure that is not suppose to require effort.